I need a lightweight, Windows-based monitoring application. The purpose of this application is to gather asset information of the client system and monitor system resources. The data will be parsed and accessed by a system admin on the backend The application should be able to do the following:
1) Gather the hardware and software profile data (what's installed), the current usage of resources (hard drive capacity / usage, RAM usage, processor usage, etc.), installed software and updates (both Windows and third-party), currently running processes, currently running applications, the status of all Windows services. In essence, I would like the application to gather a complete picture of the client system.
2) I would like this application to run in the background as a Windows service(s) and once installed should run at start-up with the ability to run commands (future development). Configuration information, such as polling intervals, remote server address, proxy info, should be stored in a local preference file.
2) The application should poll system resources (processor, storage, and memory usage every 5 to 15 minutes). Other data should be polled every 24 hours at a specified time. You can poll the system's WMI if it makes the process easier as long as there is a way to ensure the data in WMI is correct.
3) The 24 hour poll and 5-15 minute poll data should be formatted in XML and sent to a secure remote server (to be developed) for parsing. (This data will be displayed to an IT administrator via a web-based interface).
4) The XML data should include a "key" field that will relate to other information on our backend. This has no specific format.
5) I need the installer to be silent, but NEEDS to be listed in "Add/Remove Programs".
6) We do not have a backend system for parsing the incoming data. We will develop this based-on how the agent output is developed by you.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me. The most important part of this project is that I needs to minimal impact the client system it is installed on. If sending the data via XML isn't the way to go, I just need it to be sent in a manner that is secure and has the ability to be parsed on the receiving end. I will be developing a server-side application that will access the data and display it to the user on the backend.
Ok. It seems that there are a lot of people submitting proposal based-on the required skills and not reading the project details. PLEASE READ THE PROJECT DETAILS.
PHP / MySQL skills are not indicative of what the project required, but a knowledge of PHP/MySQL will help the developer understand how the information will be parsed. There is NO web development involved with this project. I understand there was a bit of confusion when I first posted this project because I forgot to specify the category for the project.
15 freelancer đang chào giá trung bình $180 cho công việc này
Consider it done.......................................................................................................................... :) Stay tuned, I'm still working on this proposal.
I can make Windows-based monitoring application Relevant Skills and Experience MySQL, PHP, Powershell, Python, XML Proposed Milestones $250 USD - Windows-based monitoring application