For freelancers located in US only.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced full-stack developer to build our mobile web travel app. Currently, we have a clickable prototype and are looking to build an MVP ASAP.
We are looking for a creative developer who is passionate about our mission to transform the way users discover and book travel through social media.
- 5+ years experience in full-stack development
- Responsible for the technical design and development of website and mobile
- Strong App development experience, as well as experience building out the relevant API / microservice architecture
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS/Objective-C/Swift/Python/Django (knowledge of front end frameworks)
- Vast knowledge on the following:
• Server: Dedicated Amazon Linux AMI or Ubuntu
• Web Server: Apache or Nginx
• Language: Python
• Frameworks: Django
• Database Engine: MySQL, Maria DB, or similar
• Security: SSL/TLS Certificate issued by RapidSSL, GeoTrust, or similar
- Back-end proficiency
- Strong social media integrations experience
Social media has become a constant platform to promote your current travel status and experiences. Our goal is to build a platform that monetizes travel content posted on social media. With our unique search functionality and proprietary algorithm our platform will pull the users geo-tags and posted images from Facebook and Instagram showcasing their previous travels and activities to create a bookable vacation experience.
Consumers have been overwhelmed by multiple hotel options from traditional OTAs and limited to search only from Point A to Point B. Our product will provide a bookable feed of trending destinations and customized packages from the users departure city. Our nontraditional search functionally will search by your friends previous travels, by preferred travel experience (beach, wellness, party, family...) or by destination to view images and inspiration from your social feed.
Most OTAs only capture the user when they book a vacation. We will offer bookable tours, activities, restaurant and nightlife reservations based on your location and social network. It will encourage users to re-visit the platform while on vacation for additional discovery and further bookings.
TAKE OFF will have access to real time inventory on hotels and flights through the GDS and partnership with a Virtuoso Travel Agency. We will offer our users Travel Agency perks with each booking.
Our team is co-founded by Eric and Michael Shepard who have combined over 20 years of hospitality and travel experience working for Starwood Hotels and Resorts, Thompson Hotels and Soho House.