I work for a printed newspaper that uses Adobe Indesign CS3 ME (Middle East) version, we have an online advertising management system that has all the: Ads by ID + Ad size + Ad location + Ad graphic design, for every edition.
API for all required data is ready, we want a plugin to handle:
- user login (username and password)
- user name (via api)
- edition number (via api)
- edition total pages number (via api)
- edition date (via api)
- drop menu to select permitted page number (permitted pages will be provided via api)
- auto refresh to acquire updates from ads system
- graphic layout similar to indesign page window, that will have ads drawn inside (ads previews and coordinations via api)
- no preview available image will show color instead (color via api)
- download button inside each ad graphic that will download high-res image (link via api)
- already downloaded images should be marked or faded in plugin window (flag can be provided via api)
- ability to expand (zoom) the plugin window
The plugin will be used inside Indesign CS3 ME in layout department, the main purpose of it to to make it easier for layout employees to acquire ads files within indesign. instead of having to use web browser to download files then manually place on Indesign.
Note: plugin mockup attached.