Seeking a Copy Editor for AAAS' Science in the Classroom annotated articles.
Organization Overview: The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) seeks to advance science, engineering, and innovation throughout the world for the benefit of all people.
General Overview: This position is part of the Science in the Classroom (SitC) team, which is responsible for publishing annotated "Science" articles. You will have the opportunity to put your skills to work on award-winning publications that reach 10K subscribers. Your contribution will support using primary literature in the classroom and help increase the organization's reach and impact.
This position is responsible for copyediting and proofreading annotations of various "Science" journal articles and associated family of journals.
We are seeking:
1. Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field
2. At least 5 years of experience as a magazine or newspaper copy editor
3. Superior copyediting and proofreading skills
4. Ability, on tight deadlines, to edit, revise, and resolve questions on articles, captions, headlines, and other ancillary text to ensure engaging, clear, logical. and accurate copy
5. Strong research skills and breadth of knowledge in a variety of areas
6. Windows and Mac OS X proficiency and expert Microsoft Word skills
7. Familiarity with [login to view URL]
You Will Be Responsible For
1. Proofreading and Copyediting annotations of "Science" journal articles for clarity, accuracy, and consistency of style, voice, and tone of the original article
2. Copyediting Educator Guides, figures, activities, and other items as needed
3. Reviewing supplemental materials and online proofs for final signoff to publish on the SitC website