1. I am a trying to teach young children programming, they come from different background and mostly are able to read, and write English. I want to equip them with basic programming skills and teach them sequential programming.
2. The project is to create materials to teach children from age 5 to 10 and onwards to learn programming independently. The media must be engaging, innovative. The materials has to be easy to comprehend for non-native to the English language children. While the training has to be in spoken English, it has to be clear and slowly pronounced.
3. An alternative proposal is to use Google Colaboratory as a platform with training material at the side.
4. The theme can be any or all of these listed or your proposal
I. Toys (on screen)
II. Robots (on screen)
III. Building blocks
V. Video games
5. Syllabus should starts from
a. What is programming?
b. Data Types, Variables, Basic Input-Output Operations, Basic Operators.
I. Python literals
II. Operators - data manipulation tools
III. Variables - data-shaped boxes
IV. How to talk to computer?
c. Boolean Values, Conditional Execution, Loops, Lists and List Processing, Logical and Bitwise Operations.
I. Making decisions in Python
II. Python's loops
III. Logic and bit operations in Python
IV. Lists - collections of data
V. Sorting simple lists - the bubble sort algorithm
VI. Lists - some more details
[login to view URL] in advanced application
d. Functions, Tuples, Dictionaries, and Data Processing
I . Writing functions in Python
II. How functions communicate with their environment?
III. Returning a result from a function
IV. Functions in Python
V. Tuples and dictionaries
6. Fundamentals are
a. Promoting logical and critical thinking
b. Able to extract children learning ability
c. Promotes focus and creativity
d. Encourages confidence and resilience
7. Structure has to be clear and transition of learning material must be listed seamlessly in the syllabus.
8. There must be a test after every stage / module that can query their learning experiences. When they complete their tests with good scoring, they will be rewarded with stars/tokens.
9. Please send in your proposal for our selection. We can only select the creative idea presented, and you will be working with us in the creative media section to be suitable teaching materials for children.
Criteria: Understands programming such as python or scratch programming.
10. Payment for project will be in milestones.
11. We reserved all rights of the media / syllabus once we start work.
Project Overview and Objectives
1. The materials has to be easy to comprehend for children, non-native to the English language, spoken English has to be clearly spoken and slow.
2. Structured materials and transition to the next model, all course materials has to be concise and clearly articulated.
3. The deliverables are :
a. Materials and media for the course sylllabus
b. Test cases with answers