Improvements need to be made in a wordfind/wordsearch game in React. Quite simple game with randomly generated letters in a grid. There are three components in total:
1) WordGenerator - a function that generates random letters. Once the words are passed in it will generate a word grid with given words and random letters wrapped around them. It also takes orientation prop to generate letters in a given position, as well as width and height of the grid (integers).
2) WordSearch - a function that does handle the letter selection. On click and drag you'll be able to select the letters, once your mouse click is released it evaluates your selection to see if the word is found. If found then word is highlighted, else the selection is set to false and nothing happens.
3) index - is where the functions are combined, it uses some random data.
You would only have to interfer with the WordSearch component where the selection logics is and where the WordGenerator data is being turned into a letter object.
There are two issues in this project:
1) Touch support - there's no touch support. I'd like to make it work in the exact way as it's implemented for the desktop devices. So the user touches and drags over the grid and the selection is triggered. If the word is found then set it as matched, else set selection to false. This has to work with different orientations (horizontal, vertical, horizontalBack, verticalUp).
2) The app doesn't know which word is which - if you see a code sandbox example you'll quickly notice that some words have very similar arrangement of letters (fe. horse, horseradish). If you select horse within a word horseradish then this word will get selected, this is not correct. The app should know where you should finish the letter selection to mark is as found.
The codesandbox is just below:
[login to view URL]
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Được trao cho:
13 freelancer chào giá trung bình$39 cho công việc này
hey i'm a fullstack dev i'm very used to developing with react js i can add the imporvements you'd like to your wordfind/wordsearch game please feel free to reach out so we can get [login to view URL] Regards !