Work you’ll be doing:
Looking for a current/former real estate agent to negotiate deals with other real estate agents on listed properties and network with wholesalers. A big part of your job will be negotiating owner financing deals (terms deals). So if you're not a "think outside the box" person, this isn't for you.
I'm looking for someone that's flexible and trainable and wants to learn new things, not a know-it-all agent.
How best to work with me:
1. Do what you say you're going to do when you say you're going to do it. Don't make promises you can't keep. Don't make excuses or create reasons why you can't get the work done (I've heard it all already... there's only so many times you can hear that a freelancer's power went out or they had a death in the family or there was a storm). Keep your deadlines no matter what. Don’t give me a short deadline to get the job and then ask me for an extension later.
2. Don't fall off of the face of earth... stay in communication.
3. Use the tracker. Don't come up with lame reasons why you can't use the tracker ("It crashed" or "I forgot to use it" or “it doesn’t work on this device.”). For clarification, the tracker is the part that takes screenshots of your work and keeps track of your time for you. It IS NOT you adding manual time.
4. Don't try to change the parameters of the job to make things easier on yourself. Accommodate what I need done.
5. The job is hourly. Don't try to negotiate a flat rate.
6. You must speak English well so that we can communicate properly.
7. Don't ask what my budget is. I'm usually talking with several freelancers to find the best price. So give me your best price, otherwise you will lose out on the job. I don’t like negotiating and if you’re willing to negotiate, that means that you didn’t give me your best price initially and you didn’t follow instructions.
8. I need this done ASAP. Please don’t accept the job and then tell me that you can’t start working on it now.
9. Please don’t ask me to close the project or ask me for feedback. There is no deadline to a project and keeping a project doesn’t hurt your account (please check with the platform to verify). I like to keep projects open so that I continue to use you when I need you.
10. When I ask you what the quickest time frame you can complete the job is… tell me. Don’t ask for my timeline. I’m always trying to find the person that can do it the fastest. Don’t turn my questions around on me. Just answer the questions.
11. If you’re in a different time zone than me, please make efforts to accommodate my time zone.
12. I hate chasing people so give me updates at least once a day and more frequent updates on urgent tasks.
13. Please don’t ask me to “jump on a call” (or zoom). This is my least favorite method of communication.
14. Please don’t ask for user names or passwords to my accounts unless you’ve accepted the job. This is for my security.
15. If you’re being paid hourly, please don’t ask me to release payment. Payment will automatically be released according to the platform’s schedule.
16. Don’t message me “are you there?” Just tell me what you need and I will reply when I can. And don’t continually message me about the same thing if I haven’t responded.
17. I don’t want your team of people working on this. No agencies. I only want the owner of the profile working on this and I need direct access to them.
I will issue negative feedback for violating any of these items.
How to Apply:
Don’t send a copy of your resume or copy and paste your generic cover letter that you’ve sent to dozens of other employers (trust me, we’ll know). Instead, send us a personalized message referencing specific details in our posting (not just the title of the job) and tell us why you would be the best fit for the position (and what specific experience you have). In your reply, please also tell me how many hours a week you have available for work. Also, in your reply, please confirm that you agree to the 17 points above.