The main objective of this research is to generate information on needs, constraints and
opportunities of People with disabilities in Somalia as evidence-based data to develop a disability policy, implementation and monitoring framework.
KEY TASKS AND OUTPUTS
The overall study is comprised of the following key tasks:
1) Desk Review of relevant documents including, but not limited to, policies, guidelines, reports other similar studies done in the country and region,
2) Collection of primary data using both quantitative and qualitative techniques on the needs, constraints, policy gaps and opportunities for people with disabilities in the target regions.
3) Identify existing constraints and recommend key elements of a disability policy, strategy, implementation and monitoring framework for ensuring that people with disabilities benefit from the government services and programs.
The following outputs will be produced through the overall study:
• Submit Inception report at the 30th of Oct 2021. The Inception report will contain context analysis and target communities, partners and agencies to review:
o Clear methodology that will be used for this analysis
o A proposed list of target communities to be reviewed in all regions, list of Key Informants and participants in FGDs (including key government agencies, CSOs, DPOS, cooperatives, services providers, private sector partners, etc.;
o Data collection tools
• Submit a preliminary report is expected by November 30th, 2021