I run a VPS company and need a Powershell script that will perform the following actions upon running. I will be running it manually from the Administrator account on a newly created VPS:
1. Turn off IEESC for both Administrators and Users
2. Install .NET Framework 3.5.1 Feature along with required Role (Web Server - IIS)
3. Run setup file for .NET 4.0 redistributable in silent mode (GUI is ok, but no interaction required)
4. Set Local Security Policy:
4A. Account Policies\Password Policy\Maximum Password Age = 0
4B. Account Policies\Password Policy\Password must meet complexity requirements = disabled
5. Set IE homepage to "[url removed, login to view]"
6. Set Internet Options:
6A. Advanced\Check for publisher's certificate revocation = unchecked
6B. Advanced\Check for server certificate revocation = unchecked
6C. Advanced\Check for signatures on downloaded programs = unchecked
7. Install ClickOnce application from Internet. URL will be provided upon successful bid.
Notes on #7... If possible I would like to automate the install process of this clickonce app - that may not be possible. If its not possible, then simply executing the URL so that the install window pops up is fine - I can manually perform the install steps if needed. The whole idea here is to minimize what I have to do- I know we cannot do away with it completely.
8. Install another local application from [url removed, login to view] - again, it may not be possible to do this without GUI interaction. I will give you the setup files upon successful bid - if a very fast attempt to install it silently does not work, simply opening the GUI will work fine.
9. Install Google Chrome, but make sure it is NOT set as the default browser.
10. Create 2 Internet URL shortcuts on the desktop of the administrator account.
11. This one may be difficult, and is not that important: When windows 2008 R2 loads, an initial Configure Your Server screen pops up. It has a "do not show again" checkbox on it. I would like to automate checking that if possible.
12. Same as 11... When you close that initial configuration screen, the Windows Server Manager window pops up... and again has a "Do not show me this console at login" checkbox... would like that checked. Nothing should load on startup except the programs we add (the clickonce app will do that, as will the custom [url removed, login to view] app).
This is the process I have to go thru every time I create a new VPS, which is about 100 times per month. I tend to do about 10-15 at once, and it takes a considerable amount of my time to do it as I have to sit and watch it while each step completes, some of which can take 20+ minutes (.NET framework install), depending on how busy the server is. The idea here is a "set it and forget it" type script that will perform most if not all of these actions without my input... and any actions that do require GUI interaction to be opened and ready to run at the end... minimizing what I have to do.
I can provide the winning bidder with one or even several test VPSs... or just one and reset it to "default" as needed.
Now, I have semi-automated a lot of this with batch scripts, but I am not powershell proficient. I am certain that an expert in powershell can do all of this in a matter of a hour or so... and will expect bids to reflect that. If it does take considerably longer, bonuses will be given as appropriate. I don't think anyone should work for free :)
If you have questions, please ask... Please note: AUTOMATED (bot) bids will be ignored!