We are looking for a slightly technical virtual assistant to support our work with online research, some blog and website building, SEO, and a bit of administration.
If we find we are working well together, this gig could grow up to full time, ongoing.
Please respond with evidence of your abilities and your required hourly.
Below is an outline of the skills requirements:
- Experience with creating and optimizing web sites, including CMS, Flat HTML, and Flash/Graphical
- Experience with site submissions and how to work with Google
- Experience with SEO-optimized copy writing and content-generation (keyword-density, text links, etc)
- Ability to install Wordpress blog, including plugins and templates (Just hacking and management, not development, creation, or programming)
- Ability to install Drupal, including plugins and templates (Just hacking and management, not development, creation, or programming)
- Ability to create HTML pages and convert PDF files to GIF and JPG (Just hacking and management, not development, creation, or
- Comfort with writing, adding, editing, and "fixing" HTML (Just hacking and management, not development, creation, or programming)
- Experience of ability to write blog entries, including tagging,categories (Most of it will be simple, copy-and-paste, etc)
- Experience working with Excel and Google Apps spreadsheets
- Special kudos to folks who can teach us cool new techniques, skills, and ways of influencing Google, et al!!!
- getting weekly schedules from team and creating corresponding document
- making sure that new employee's get all information, log ins, and access to all google docs
- maintaining of certain log sheets
- perhaps adding and maintaining aspects of wikis
- Online research
- Monitoring of blogosphere via technorati, Google Blog Search, etc.
If you have good English writing skills, some report-writing could be done as well, though this is not essential or central to the position as we have other people for that.