The project shall be developed using Delphi XE2 and the Datasnap technology.
I need a Datasnap server module providing web (HTML) connectivity for remote devices (tablets) via a web browser.
The application is aimed to sales representatives that need to perform the following operations:
. Browse items (products) by code, description, alternative code or sequentially viewing price and availability of products
. Browse customers (only his/her customers on account of the assigned sales rep) and their orders and accounting info (invoices, balances, etc.)
. Input new customers’ data
. Input new order for the customer
The Datasnap server shall generate HTML pages to provide the following functions:
1. User authentication via username/password and simple user management
2. Sales rep operations as above
3. Update local database (SQL Server) on account of the sales rep operations
4. Send order confirmations via email to customers whose orders have been uploaded by sales reps
5. Validation of *new* customers added by sales reps (just a click from company operators to “transform” a new customer into a valid customer by changing a flag field)
6. Validation of orders added by sales reps (just a click from company operators to “transform” a new order into an accepted order by changing a flag field)
The tables used (20) already exists in the company's SQL Server, therefore field names and structures are already defined. I have a detailed analysis of the operations/structures/Joins, etc. that will be send before starting the project.
The developer shall use standard Delphi XE2 components, although the use of the following libraries is acceptable:
Fast report 4
Please read the project first and write the word "Understood". Also write your steps and suggestions to complete the project with a short description of what you understood.