I have been attempting to use the Postie plug-in as well as the built-in facility in Wordpress v.3+ to update my blog via email updates. My website is [url removed, login to view] Ultimately, I wish to post updates to one of the categories featured in my site
I have faced problems and seek a solution. These problems include, but are not limited to:
- post does not show up at all
- post does not show up until the next day
- post is posted multiple times despite only one email sent originally
- email is bounced back by WP/Postie saying the destination email address is unauthorised when it actually has been authorised. yet minutes later, an email update using the same parameters is approved
- Postie choices are unresponsive - for example, even if you check the selection box " check for email every 10 minutes" the post via email does not show after several hours
I am interested to have a trouble free experience updating the blog with photos and text whether using a computer from a remot e location, or via an handphone and/or Blackberry.
There are a few forums regarding problems with Postie and some have found relief by importing pr tweaking the coding - references to these may help you, the programmer.