Đã Đóng

Fix the data access errors in this Lightswitch Silverlight project

I have a mature Lightswitch application (Silverlight client) that has been working for years. Recently, I needed to move it to a new server. Copying the files over from the old server to the new was fine, but when I tried to modify and republish the application, things went wrong (more details below).

I am looking for someone who can take a look, and work out what has gone wrong. You will need Visual Studio 2010 with Lightswitch 2011.

I have made the project code and a cleaned version of the database available ([url removed, login to view]!Aj8jpdg0vKP4hUyVgL4fa_M4zJBb). Here is what you would need to do...

*) Download the zip file and unzip it. Inside are two zip files, [url removed, login to view] which contains the database, and [url removed, login to view] for [url removed, login to view] which contains the code. Unzip these and restore the database to your local SQL Server.

*) Load the project and run it. You will need to change the connection string as appropriate, and you may need to change the application access type to Desktop for this.

*) You should see the Home screen. This has a textbox at the bottom (added for debugging this issue) which will show four messages, telling you how many patients, clinics, etc are in the database. This might take a moment or so to complete.

*) Publish the application, making sure the access type is Web and authentication is turned off (otherwise you won't be able to access it at all, as the membership tables are affected by the issue), and then upload it to a hosted server. You'll probably find that these messages show different numbers. Specifically, some of them will be zero and some won't.

That's the basic problem. Pretty much anything else you run into will be a result of this partially failed data access.

Your task is to find out what's gone wrong and fix it.

Ideally, I would like clear instructions as to how to fix it, so I can do the fix myself, but if this isn't possible, modified code files are acceptable.

Hope that's all clear. If you need to know anything more, just ask!

Kĩ năng: Silverlight

Xem nhiều hơn: export project 2013 data access 2013, project name use data access layer, wpf project data access layer, export project data access, export microsoft project data access, vb net data access layer project dll, data access layer project, business data access project layer, vbnet data access layer, create access form within vb6 project, excel data access database, data access layer vbnet, import data access sql script, import data access sql, fetch data access diplay visual basic

Về Bên Thuê:
( 0 nhận xét ) United Kingdom

ID dự án: #15790415

2 freelancer đang chào giá trung bình $183 cho công việc này

$200 USD trong 3 ngày
(0 Nhận xét)
0.0
yusufdela

A proposal has not yet been provided

$166 USD trong 4 ngày
(0 Nhận xét)
0.0