Hope this helps.
My time frame is accelerating…. Phase 2 would like to be functioning by end of February or March.
Here is how I probably would fine tune it:
1) Discussion on requirements for me to put together for the success of the project and tasks, Possible assistance on installation of the roles:
a. Ex: SharePoint 2016
i. 1 or 2 Front End mini-role SharePoint Servers
ii. 1 or 2 Distribution Cache mini-role SharePoint Servers
iii. 1 or 2 Application mini-role SharePoint Servers
iv. 1 or 2 Search mini-role SharePoint Servers
v. 1 or 2 SQL SharePoint Servers
1. Not sure best method of putting together for high availability.
vi. 1 or 2 SQL SharePoint Access Services Servers
vii. 1 or 2 Office 2016 Web Server
b. I should be able to at least save some time getting the base install of most of this done
c. We should identify specify how we can install this in 2 modes:
1. I would like to have 2 SharePoint environments isolated from each other but not user how to go about doing this… Should I setup a whole new domain for the new SharePoint or what.
d. How Many Static IP addresses am I going to have to get reserved.
2) Create a User Portal
a. Identify a good dns name for the user portal by company email domain name.
i. Maybe like [url removed, login to view]; [url removed, login to view]; [url removed, login to view];([url removed, login to view] & [url removed, login to view] & [url removed, login to view]) = [url removed, login to view]; ([url removed, login to view] & [url removed, login to view]) = Same portal ([url removed, login to view]); [url removed, login to view]; portal.drkrealtors.com.
ii. Themes should match company logo’s and colors.
b. Includes: (We can discuss)(Not all will need setup initially once I understand them, we may move several to different phases)
i. OneDrive for Business
ii. Integration with Exchange Server
iii. SharePoint Store (App Management Service & SharePoint Apps) should be integrated
iv. Access Services
v. Business Data Connectivity Services
vi. Machine Translation Services
vii. Managed Metadata Services
viii. Project Server Service Application* (This is Phase 2)
ix. Search Service Application
x. Secure Store Service
xi. State Service Application
xii. Subscription Setting Service Application
xiii. Usage and health data collection
xiv. User Profile Synchronization and My Site
xv. Visio Graphic Service
xvi. Word Automation Service
xvii. Possibly Office Web App Server integration as well.
c. User Portal should get created upon domain user creation
d. Phase one’s - focus should be to simply set up a functioning share point site that allows end users to have a place for them to have access to data isolated to them alone, and have a link to the exchange server from the SharePoint server and one drive.
i. Ultimately I want a fully functioning SharePoint site but not all at once… I would rather you with experience break out in additional phases as it makes since to… to help keep the costs more manageable.
1) Village Communities Construction Department
a. Only the employees part of the construction department should get the following:
i. A Centralized Shared OneDrive for business access to a folder that is synchronized with a file share \\village-fs02\construction$\OneDrive.
ii. Microsoft Project should be configured for site projects synchronization
iii. SharePoint should be able to open all documents…
1. There should be a section for Master files that cannot be updated… except by office staff or group or department head.
1) Office Web Application Server 2016 Integrated for all users
2) Users should be able to change their account password
3) 2 factor authentication should be enabled
a. Part 1:
i. New hire employees should be able to fill out all their employment documentation to web forms, storing pictures and documentation.
ii. Employee should be able to store their entire resume with their application, and later when their profile gets created a copy of the resume gets put on the portal.
iii. These documents should also start a work flow.
iv. These documents should only be able to be viewed by the specific employee that created them and a member in the HR Department.
v. Once submitted only the HR Department can edit the documents.
1. Depending on the company the employee is going to be assigned to there is 3 different HR departments in the organization.
2. However with dual authentication from a CFO and HR staff a member of the corresponding HR department can have a “VIEW ALL” and see all 3 HR department employees.
b. Part 2:
i. The work flow should pass the information to the hiring manager
1. for verification approval or deny
2. salary specifications.
3. Resources Requested (Should be able to save and select from templates)
a. Cell Phone
e. Desk Phone
f. Software Applications
iv. MS Office
v. PDF Viewer
vi. PDF Editor
vii. RDS APPS
h. Printer (Personal)
i. Printer Shared
i. Select Specified Printers.
j. Email Address
k. SharePoint Specific Access
l. Skype for Business
ii. SS# should be hidden except for last 4 digits.
iii. From there the workflow should pass the information to the HR Department Staff, based on the corresponding company.
c. Part 3:
i. HR Department Personal shale be able to:
1. Attach or process a background report if requested.
2. Mark that Creation of Time Clock Account is created.
a. Unknown if there is an integration with [url removed, login to view]
3. Mark Creation of user insurance account is created.
4. Send IT Department a workflow
a. Request the following:
i. New User Account
ii. Checkbox validating and logging serial numbers of managers requested resources being assigned to the user
5. With Dual Authentication from someone in the HR Department a member in HR can view the SS#.
d. Part 4:
i. IT Department
1. Check off each item in the list after completing.
2. User account and information scriptable to configure in AD to be ran nightly or upon IT staff clicking a button.
3. Passes New user information and assigned serial numbers back to HR Department.
e. Part 5:
i. HR Department gives relevant information to new employee
1) Integration with System Center Service Manager Ticketing app with SharePoint allowing each employee to open a ticket right from their portal.
1) Integrate for Capital Energy employees, Microsoft Dynamics CRM on Premise with SharePoint user Portal.
7th Phase and on
We can complete the items in Phase 1 that we determined can be done later, and we will see what new items are being requested.