Kudler Fine Foods is a “Virtual Organization.” The Kudler Fine Foods data can be found within Kudler's intranet Web site. The VO Portal found on the rEsource page will provide access to Kudler's intranet and Access database (follow the links from Virtual Organizations Portal to Kudler Fine Foods to Intranet to Information Technology to Download Kudler Fine Foods Access Database).
1) Create a SQL Server Database of the following two tables using SQL CREATE TABLE statements (based on the Kudler Fine Foods virtual organization) and using the following data elements with appropriate data types:
(Notes: Be sure to use appropriate SQL Server datatypes when creating the tables. Do not add any columns beyond those specified for the two tables. You must apply the proper primary keys to each table and the appropriate foreign key to link the tables as appropriate. If using SQL Server, then first create your own database, giving it the same name as your first name (it can be anything, but this is a simple convention). Do not create your tables in any of the system databases. Be sure to include your SQL statements and the RDBMS responses indicating that they were successful for both tables.)
· Employee (5 points)
§ Emp_ID (you will create your own values)
§ Job_title (foreign key to Job_Title table)
· Job_title (3 points)
§ EEO-1 Classification
§ Job description
§ Exempt / Non-Exempt Status
BE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR CREATE TABLE STATEMENTS AND THE SQL SERVER RESPONSES FOR THIS STEP IN YOUR SCREEN SNAPSHOTS OR YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE FULL CREDIT.
2) Using the SQL INSERT statement:
· Go to the Human Resources department in the Kudler Fine Foods intranet. Using information found in the Employee Files for the La Jolla and Encinitas stores, enter records into the Employee table for the following employees: (3 points)
§ Glenn Edelman
§ Eric McMullen
§ Raj Slentz
§ Erin Broun
§ Donald Carpenter
§ David Esquivez
§ Nancy Sharp
· Using the Kudler Fine Foods Job Classifications and Job Descriptions information, enter records into the job_title table for the following job titles: (2 points)
§ Accounting Clerk
§ Asst. Manager
§ Computer Support Specialist
§ Director of Finance &amp; Accounting
§ Retail Asst. Bakery &amp; Pastry
§ Retail Asst. Butchers and Seafood Specialists
Non-Exempt employees at Kudler Fine Foods are paid an and are required to track their .
BE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR INSERT STATEMENTS AND THE SQL SERVER RESPONSES FOR THIS STEP IN YOUR SCREEN SNAPSHOTS OR YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE FULL CREDIT.
3) Check the results by selecting all of the columns from both of your tables. This can be done simply by executing "SELECT * FROM &lt;table_name&gt;" statements, one for each table. (2 points)