I need a provider with an advanced degree in industrial psychology or related field to develop and interpret a psychometric test (Likert 5 or 7 point scale). The test should have no more than 20 items total and have sound validity and reliability. Utilizing the aspects of the Expectancy theory (Valence, Instrumentality, and Expectancy) the test will measure an individual's perceived motivation level to achieve a specific goal based on what they expect the result(s) of certain selected actions will be. The targeted sample group of my study is young adults between ages 18- 21.
There will be three sections to this test: Valence, Instrumentality, and Expectancy.
Valence: the value the participant places on achieving the goal
Instrumentality: the participant's belief that they will achieve their goal if certain performance expectations/actions are met.
Expectancy: the participant's belief that their effort will result in attainment of these performance expectations/actions. Certain important considerations: Time constraints /other commitments and social support system (friends/family).
After completing each section the participant will receive a score indicating their level of Valence, Instrumentality, or Expectancy in regards to the goal. They will be able to view each score. Thereafter, the scores of the three sections will collectively indicate the extent of the participant’s overall motivation level to achieve the goal.
• There will be three individual sections to the test: Valence, Instrumentality, and Expectancy.
• Certain important considerations to incorporate in items are: Time constraints /other commitments and level of social support (friends/family).
• There will be an overall score which is the summed ratings of the three sections. The provider will recommend a way of combining the three scores into an overall index of “Motivation to achieve a goal”.
• There will be four scores: Valence, Instrumentality, Expectancy and overall score.
• The scoring key will indicate how the test should be scored and may be administered by an untrained person or self-administered by the respondent. Provider will provide instructions on how to replicate the scoring of the test.
• The provider will indicate how should the scores of the test (Valence, Instrumentality, Expectancy and overall score) be interpreted for the User’s knowledge. The interpretation will be a simple description in paragraph format no more than 295 characters long
• The provider must indicate whether or not all items must be completed in order for the test to be reliable and valid.
• Content validity should be adequate and the test must have an acceptable level of internal-consistency reliability estimates (Cronbach's alpha) preferably above .70.
• Provider will provide me any source of references used during the research process to develop the test.
• Provide two examples of the test that was completed by two fictitious participants with two different motivation scores.
I will provide more detail to the project and will address any concerns the provider may have. I am open to use other Motivational theories.
8 freelancer đang chào giá trung bình $500 cho công việc này
Hi there, lets talk about, more... I am a psychologist, i have 3 ears of practice in clinical psychology, and therapy. I have administrated many tests and questionnaires at my patients. regards C!