We are looking to build a 23 meter bridge across a river in Borneo, Malaysia. The width of the bridge is 4 meters and height will be approx 7 meters. The maximum load of the bridge will be 40MT. We have obtained engineering diagrams for the bridge from a local firm and also have soil survey report. We simply require a 2nd opinion on the below aspects from an experienced structural engineer.
1. Is the strength of the bridge, as specified, sufficient to support vehicles passing up to 40MT in weight?
2. Based on the soil survey report, do you believe the strength will be compromised if we used H beam steel piling instead of RC Column piles?
3. If we used H Beam piles, will rust materially impact the longevity of the bridge? Especially since the bridge is over water. Will a rust proof paint be sufficient in mitigating the risk?
4. Based on the soil survey report, what minimum piling depth do you think is required if using RC column piles, and what minimum depth if using H beam? This is to assist with our ordering of materials.
5. Can the freelancer suggest any other things to improve the load bearing of the bridge, and longevity of the bridge?
The chosen freelancer will have to display his/her credentials and experience to assist in selection. In your costing, please include and allow time to reply to 3 - 5 follow up questions.
An email response to the above will be sufficient.