Ongoing System Administrator needed for Redhat Server
I am looking to pay a flat monthly to manage the server doing usual tasks, everyday security audit, software updates, backup system
Responsibilities will include:
- Install and configure script and set up databases when necessary
- Update server with patches when necessary
- I subscribe to [url removed, login to view] and person needs to review vulnerability reports and update as necessary
- Make backup or schedule backups daily, weekly and monthly
- Review security issues
- Reinstall backed up data when necessary
- Be available to troubleshoot 24/7 within at least 1 hour.
Person needs to have knowledge of SSH, Firewall, Plesk, Linux server, DNS & mail configuration/setup, MYSQL, PHPMyadmin, cron job and know how to troubleshoot with corrupted tables in databases.
I have a dedicated server and the server is co-located in Texas. I have approximately 7-10 websites on the server that have databases with php/mysql all the other websites (50) are simple html websites.
Most of the month there are no issues however periodically the server goes down and someone needs to troubleshoot. I also get periodic msql errors but for the most everything is fine with the server. I need an expert that I can rely on when issues come up.