This is an urgent project. Please do not waste our time, if you are not sure that you can finish it on time.
We require continuous communication. If you do not have enough spare time, or if you can not be in contact with us "everyday", do *not* bid on this project.
We have a Mini-PC with a Vortex X86 compliant i586 processor, 128MB SD-Ram memory and 1GB CompactFlash storage.
Note that we want to work with a Linux professional who has either:
1. Previously built a system as described above
2. Has very strong knowledge of Linux (which he can prove via his previous work and/or certificates)
We need a Linux image for this Mini-PC which will run on compact flash. Basically, it needs to have the following properties:
1. Very low memory consumption (at most 30-40 MB at the start up), no swap partition
2. A stable, CF card compatible file system (JFFS2 or such) and partitioning scheme (which takes into account that CF cards have certain wearing issues with intensive writes) preferably with a read-only root system (and no system logging)
3. Support for remote access (ssh) and monitoring via a central server (cpu, memory, free disk space etc)
4. Support for wireless usb dongle, usb gprs modem, usb Bluetooth dongle and Java 5.
5. Support for manual (via ssh) remote upgrade and root partition switching for the OS.
For a person who has previously done a similar job or has very strong knowledge of Linux, this task will take no more than a couple of days. Plus, you'll have the opportunity to work with our company in the future, if you can successfully finish this project on time.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Thursday Feb 14, 2008 4:58:27 AM:
This project is a very important project for us and after succssful completion the bidder will be able to work with our company on a monthly contract to take care of linux system admin related tasks on RAC.
The image we require is Linux based.. debian based is preferred but not necessary as long as our java program run on the image without a problem.. We need the following fundamental libraries/packages running successfully:
ussp-push ([url removed, login to view])
[url removed, login to view]
ntp or openntpd