I need a reliable and trustworthy Webmaster with good all round Webmaster skills to help manage my Web Hosting and Website Management Services. I need to automate the tasks of setting up new domains, web sites, databases, etc so that I could basically copy templated code to a web site and have it up and running in minutes.
Project 1 to be completed:
1. Harden security and update 1 Solaris 10 server (I will provide a Sun Netra T1 with dual scsi drives in a rack loaded with Solaris 10) with existing code PHP, existing database is MySQL and web server is Apache 2.
a. Disable all access except SSH shell login by secondary user and LOM port or Ethernet Hme1
b. Completely configure Webmin with SSL login
c. Completely configure Usermin
d. Completely configure Virtualmin
2. Connect to second Netra T1 via serial port b to LOM port of 2nd box for management and vice versa for the new box
3. Possible configuration to cross the HME1 ports (ethernet 1) between the two boxes to enable file transfers between the two
4. Make sure all website data, databases, etc is moved to new box and load existing websites
5. Start new webserver
6. Reconfigure old server as email server (or just leave the email server running and remove web data files)
9. Configure backup routine from within webmin to backup both OLD server and NEW server to second scsi drive on New server at least once per week
10. Once completed I should be able to:
a. Enter a new domain into virtualmin and all setup configurations are automated with DNS, email, FTP, SSL certificates if need be, etc
b. Administer the Solaris server from the Webmin / Usermin interfaces.
11. This project is for immediate completion and will be followed by more projects.
This should be a completely automated system that can be managed by intelligent professionals that do not have extensive coding experience. Everything should have icons that click to screens that enable updates of every aspect of the sites and their related web servers and email.
Understand running a Solaris 10 Server and know security inside and out
Ability to occasionally install / troubleshoot PHP scripts
Good understanding of backend server operations
The person chosen will need to be totally trustworthy and reliable
I will own this code and have full rights to use and modify this code at any time