Solid modelling project
complete the overall design and the design of the various vice components
from the diagrams provided. More specifically you are required to:
1. Create parametric feature-based solid models for all the components either shown or
listed in the following pages. This includes the rubber jaw protectors.
2. Create an assembly model showing all parts in their working position when the opposing
faces of the hard jaws are separated by 30 mm and when the ball to screw distance is set
3. Set up a parametric relationship equation between the Base and the Clamp to satisfy the
design requirement as outlined in the Background information above.
2 MEC2304 – Solid modelling
4. Produce an engineering assembly drawing of the vice as configured in 2 above. In
addition to the orthographic views the drawing should also include a 3D view, title block,
parts lists, and other information generally shown in assembly drawings.
5. Produce fully dimensioned engineering detail drawings for the parts listed below:
• Swivel jaw
• Sliding jaw
• Guides and bushes
• Rubber pad with the metal lug
• Jaw inserts and jaw-face protectors
Specify appropriate surface finish requirements, general tolerances, and other information
normally shown in a detail drawing. Also include a 3D view of the part in addition to the
orthographic views or view.
6. Nominate and justify suitable fits and tolerances on a separate A4 sheet for the following
mating parts / features:
• Bush / jaw bush hole / guide pin
The basic size and tolerance sizes for each fit should be included on the sheet. The
tolerance sizes should also appear in the detail drawings.
Guidance on the Project
The diagrams provided show limited details and in many cases the dimensioning of the details
9 freelancer đang chào giá trung bình ₹1744 cho công việc này
Hi, I will create the 3d Parametric model using inventor software. I will provide you all parts and manufacturing drawing also. Please provide reference sketches or files Thanks