We are a next generation Virtual Reality production company that creates VR experiences of nature and culture: http://www.specterras.com.
We are being sponsored by a major VR hardware company to create experiences of four major locations of spectacular natural beauty and cultural value around the world.
The experiences will work on the GearVR and Oculus Rift and run through the Unity game engine.
We are looking for a team-oriented modeler to create ultra-photorealistic 3D models of real locations of nature and culture.
We are using software that allows photographs to be projected onto a 3D mesh. The datasets involve hundreds of overlapping photos. The modeler will be tasked to select the best photos and map them in a convincing way to create the most realistic looking model. This is a task that requires artisanship, not automation.
We are searching for a modeler that is visually meticulous and takes a great deal of pride in his or her work, while also being able to meet specific deadlines.
The ideal modeler should be able to do the following:
1. Carefully select the best photos and mask out parts that shouldn't be textured, creating a final mapped model that uses minimal photos and with minimal overlaps,
2. Smooth, repair and fix the mesh if necessary,
3. Generate a final textured model at a very high resolution using the software we mentioned (note it auto generates UV's),
4. Clean the colored model using a 3D paint tool of their choice (e.g. Blender, Maya, Zbrush) to get rid of errant polygonal artefacts, and clone where necessary.
5. Level the model, so it rests on a horizontal plane.
6. Deliver the final model as an .obj with .png textures.
7. Maintain regular communication with our Unity engineers to ensure meshes and textures are delivered in a timely manner and regenerate assets as needed.
8. Be able to think creatively on his or her feet, in order to solve problems that may not have easy solutions.
9. Have some experience modeling organic 3D objects (e.g. trees, plants, etc.)
Here are some of the skill sets and attributes that we are looking for:
1. Extensive experience using 3D modeling and paint software.
2. Patience and attentiveness to detail.
3. A passion for photography, nature, and the outdoors.
4. A team-oriented individual who can potentially instruct and motivate others to perform the same task.
This work is likely to be fairly time consuming, but it is really important that the result be as close to the photos (that is, reality) as possible. There are really no shortcuts for this kind of work; time and trouble really do count. We'll need to instruct the modeler/s how to do this work. We can coordinate these tasks, so the modeler can easily work remotely.
We are looking forward to finding someone who is passionate and enthusiastic about creating the next generation of VR experiences. Though this will initially be contract work, the right individual will have the opportunity to participate in a mission-oriented company that is poised for growth.
27 freelancer đang chào giá trung bình $324 cho công việc này
hi i am interested in your project ..... i have many years experience in 3d and 2d..... please send me a message to discuss further details.... Stay tuned, I'm still working on this proposal.