I have here a Chinese web novel that is machine translated by a fan to English. As the title suggests, I only need a translation checker (TLC). The budget is low when compared to proofreading or editing jobs so please be warned that further efforts beyond the suggested job description might make the bidder feel that the project is not worth it. Grammar and other minor mistakes would be handled by someone else. To give you an example, the attached file is a normal chapter.
1) Comment on the wrong usage of words for better accuracy.
2) Explain the meaning behind unclear sentences to make it clearer.
NOTE: Please thoroughly read the guidelines to get a clear idea of the job.
I don't require an expert translator and a beginner is also fine. My only requirement is that bidders are fluent in Chinese and English for better communication.
As you know, machine translations are flawed and even compensated by an amateur translator, mistakes are still made. I only wish the bidder to take the following into account:
1) There will be a total of 15 sets. Each set had 12 chapters (excluding the last one) for a total of 175 chapters. Each set would contain roughly 100,000 Chinese characters. The bidder will be given one set and more if it proved satisfactory and they wished for another one.
2) The budget for the whole project is $500.00CAD for roughly $35.00CAD per set.
3) Time limit per set is one month. I will be hiring multiple freelancers to handle several sets. Please note that the level of errors that need to be corrected each set may vary as different translators had a hand in the project. I don't mind if this is low on your priority, just that it should be submitted within the deadline.
P.S. ONLY SERIOUS BIDDERS PLEASE.