Music is great way to learn another language.
I want to develop a website where people can come to contribute their knowledge and learn other languages.
I want to look at Spanish-English pairs first.
[login to view URL] Genius has an interesting system, but this contains more general comments from the singer about his feelings/history of the song.
The new site will be much more about the actual words and grammar.
Take a line from that song. “"Tú, tú eres el imán y yo soy el metal”
I want a prototype page where we test the possibilities of:
1) Display the Spanish Lyrics of a song.
2) Click on a line and a new window opens to right where you can annotate the text (like genius)
3) The whole phrase, and individual words are then up for annotation.
a) A word might have multiple meanings. E.g. [login to view URL]
So we can translate “imán” as “magnet” or “charm”. Annotate a discussion point as these are similar and in those cases where the singer specifically means one.
b) Verbs and their conjugations. E.g. “eres…” Will be marked “2nd person singular estar. You are”
c) The Word by Word Translation – this is necessary for language learners.
d) The “Semantic” Translation – e.g. “this is an idiom: it is in common use and means…”
e) Where the lyrics are figurative e.g. “Firmar las paredes de tu laberinto” the annotator can note “this is not a common phrase , but the singer is saying “Sign the walls of your maze” = “I want to come all over your pussy”
f) Where the words used in the lyrics are shortened or contorted to musically rhyme the full word and meaning can be annotated e.g. “Pero pa' montarlo aquí tengo la pieza” “pa’ = para”
4) Subsequently later visitors to the page will be able to: Hover over words in the lyrics and the annotations are displayed. Click on the line and see all annotations.
5) There many other sites that do this already. But I want to really hit the grammar hard and make it explicitly clear via annotations where the learner can learn idioms or just get the vocabulary out of a sentence. I'm also learning Spanish so happy to spend the time!
E.g. [login to view URL] look at “pa” above for example.
You MUST be able to speak Spanish natively and English to a high level to bid please. We will work together to translate many example songs to ensure the system works well.
You are ONLY going as far as the responsive prototype at this stage. We can use hardcoded XML snippets to test for example rather than huge database imports (see below)
Should the prototype work sufficient well we can proceed to build the entire system
- Download Spanish/English dictionary e.g. [login to view URL]
- Download Wikionary export. Etc.
- Facebook etc Logins like Genus.
I am quite technical and will be looking to learn more about the technologies in this process, even if this means it takes longer. You should be available in the CET timezone.
What skills are required?
Bootstrap, jQuery, Spanish, C#, XML
20 freelancer đang chào giá trung bình £36/giờ cho công việc này
My skill are Bootstrap, jQuery, Spanish, C#, XML I am sure high quality. Please let's discuss in detail. I will do my best for you. Thank you so much! Best Regards !