Unix administration configuration based assignment where required to configure a small network with n number of users, with security. Deliverable will be the document outlining the detailed steps with screenshots. Timeline 1 week.
To provide simple, robust and secure systems throughout the organisation the following standards and recommendations have been agreed to and must be adhered to, for all systems:
* all servers will be Ubuntu based (windows virtualbox)
* lighttpd will be used for all web servers
* MySQL will be used for all databases where possible
* MediaWiki is to be used for all internal online documentation
* Samba is used for all internal file sharing requirements
* all systems must be hardened and scanned for security issues prior to being made available for use
* an intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDPS) must be running at all times
* appropriate password aging must be implemented on all servers
Detailed information/Specification can be provided on request.