I have a small VR project that I works fine on PC VR, but I want to be able to package it for Quest and Quest 2. The project is built in Unreal Engine 4.26. It is a blueprints only project, but some plugins I use are C++ plugins.
Right now these features work in the project:
* Video/Audio/Gameplay Works great on PC VR PIE
* Deploys on Quest and runs via the deploy button
* Crashes as soon as you open a menu (with a 3D Text stack trace)
These features do not currently work and I want to hire you to make them work:
* Package for Windows (it currently fails during the build process)
* Package for Quest/Quest 2
* No crashes on Quest
Features that must not be broken by your changes:
* Play in Editor on Windows
* Menus must open on all platforms without crashing
* Menus must have 3D text
* Audio spatialization via Oculus Audio still works
I am fairly technical, but mostly a designer and I want to keep focusing on VR UX instead of figuring out platform issues. I suspect that a programmer with Quest/Android experience will probably get this working in a single evening, maybe 2 days tops. If particular VFX or blueprints cause framerate drops, I don't expect you to optimize them. However, I do expect the default test map (which is mostly empty) to run at a reasonable FPS on Quest when you're done. I'll give you access to my Plastic SCM instance where you can do the work.