The target is to design the activities, layouts, fully functional navigation and logo of the Speed Safety App. The purpose of this App is to promote driving safely by improving compliance with the speed limits. This Android App is designed with Java & Android Studio.
The base principles for the Speed Safety improvement are:
• Excess Speed is the most common cause of deaths while driving.
• Compliance with the norm is not as correlated with the severity of the punishments as with the certainty.
• You cannot improve if you don’t measure, and only by measuring you improve.
This Android App monitors & records the speed at which you drive, compares it with the road speed limit, provides a driving score showing how good you are keeping the speed limits, shows you the statistics of all your recorded tracks and allows you to share and view the statistics of others (sharing with user-selected contacts: your parents, friends, your company safety manager etc.).
Typical use cases that put into practice the idea that when you are 100% monitored, you comply with speed limits:
1. A parent allows his son the use of his car if the son drives safely: the son should register his driving with the app and the parent can check if he has been speeding each time he uses the car.
2. A company with many drivers wants to encourage safety by rewarding the driver with best driving score over a certain period.
3. Users of a public transport want to give feedback to the transport company of the speed compliance of the drivers
4. Users of an Insurance company want to report their compliance and lower their cost
Some keywords about the characteristics we are looking for in the design: material design, user-friendly, elegant, simple, modern, minimalist, easy to read and understand.
In the attached document you can see the screenshots of the current state of the app prototype, which are to be completely changed and vastly improved.
The resources of the current prototype of the app can be found in the attached [login to view URL]
The main functionalities shown in the screenshots should be respected although their appearance, navigation, objects in each screen, order, fonts, colors etc. can and should be completely changed.
Designs must be submitted as Android Studio resources and fully documented well structured, clean and simple code (Javadoc, valid for teaching programming beginners).
Navigation Architecture Component: [login to view URL]
Code: [login to view URL]
JavaDoc documentation must be complete and explain through fully the code, functions, methods and variables.
Form follows function - we're not after pointless graphics or useless elements - visible elements need to be clear and obvious and have a purpose
Easy to develop, easy to use and easy to understand
Task to be done:
- Design and program in Java (AndroidStudio, Platform target >5.0 Lollipop) a fully functional navigation and well documented User Interface prepared for the usual screen sizes (4"-6").
- User interface should come in two "flavours": one dark theme and another white or clear one.
- Design the logo and icon of the App
- Free version with advertisements placeholders and paid version without
- Functionality improvement suggestions are most welcome and will be a plus, always related with the App purpose.
LEGAL NOTICE: BY DOING THIS PROJECT YOU ARE AUTOMATICALLY GIVING AWAY FULL, EXCLUSIVE, WORLDWIDE RIGHTS TO THE EMPLOYER AND ALL ASSOCIATED SUBJECTS TO USE, MONETISE AND RESELL THE LOGO, USER INTERFACE AND ALL ELSE THAT HAS BEEN MADE BY YOU. ALSO, YOU WILL NOT PUBLICLY REPRESENT YOURSELF AS A CREATOR OF THIS WORK USE IT IN YOUR PORTFOLIO, OR WITHIN ANY VERBAL OR WRITTEN COMMUNICATION.