We are looking for a talented user interface UI/UX point person for our website, having a clear vision both for the visual design of how the site looks and also the mechanics of how the customer interacts with it.
Your job will be to work with the key resources to understand the business goals, design the user interface and experience using prototyping tools, and then communicate that vision to our programming team effectively. You will also coordinate research into effectiveness (either standalone or live-testing based). Ability to code some user interface work is a plus but not a requirement.
• Work directly with our leadership team to understand key business objectives that the software must support.
• Creates wireframes, prototypes, documents, etc to describe the user interface and experience both to non-technical resources for understanding, and at a sufficient level of detail for technical resources to implement it.
• Ensures that key information is documented and centralized.
• Work with company leadership to organize project and maintain deadlines.
• Works closely with the front-end engineering team to ensure clear delivery of the vision.
• Performs acceptance testing on the software prior to release, and writes up issues as necessary.
• Writes higher level documentation such as style guides to serve for future expansion of this team.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Quick learner – can process new information quickly and remember key points.
• Track record of delivering results.
• Strong design talent with a focus on making a simple user experience
• Solid communicator able to combine input from a variety of different sources.
• Attention to detail – looks for places or flows that aren’t quite right and fixes them
• Multitasking skills – demands will come from various people throughout the day and must prioritize and juggle them with poise. Must be comfortable juggling various projects simultaneously.
• Ability to inspire creativity and work well with different personality types.
• Ability to consistently deliver work on-time, in a deadline-oriented environment.
• Experience with Photoshop or other design tool
• Experience with Sketch or other UX prototyping tool
• Agile software development background.