QUICK TURNAROUND MUSIC VIDEO EDIT - EDIT NEEDED IN 24 HOURS
This should be an easy task for someone who knows what they are doing.
We are looking for a creative, forward-thinking video editor for this music video project. We want someone who will get the work done, but also make the video feel great to watch.
We would like the video to be edited in this sort of style but with the footage will be more in-focus and stable: [login to view URL]
Here are some other music videos that can help you to see what we’re are trying to go for with this music video:
[login to view URL]
[login to view URL]
You must work using the Adobe Suite, especially After Effects and Premiere. I will have ﬁnal decision the video’s final edit but your creative input is REQUIRED. I am relying on you to use your best judgment to create an amazing music video. We are not supplying time codes for you to use when cutting footage.
We would like you to not use Premiere Pro’s multi-camera sequence feature and instead use the normal video tracks and the synchronize feature inside of Premiere (or you can use PluralEyes if you have that).
We have filmed 3 takes of the same song using 3 different cameras at the same time, meaning there are 9 different angles to sync together and choose from to create the music video
For the video, we will provide the footage and music. You just need to sync, edit and create the video. You will need high-speed internet to download the video files from a Google Drive link (around 80-100GB worth of video files) in time for our deadline.
We do not have the final music mastered yet, so we will just require you to sync the video to one of the camera’s audio tracks for now.
We will require 2 separate sequences in your project:
1. A fully uncut synchronised timeline (9 video files on 9 tracks synced together to the music, no editing).
2. A music video edit. Please pick the best shots (stable/steady, in focus, correct exposure and visually interesting and engaging). Try to avoid moving shots out of sync from the music unless it’s absolutely necessary to cover a gap. It should be a straightforward edit with no colour correction or any effects/fancy transitions.
Being the first job working with you, we will be paying for this project in 2 milestones.
Milestone 1: Delivery of a Version 1 HD mp4 file.
Milestone 2: Delivery of final mp4 file and premiere project file (with any other assets if needed) after feedback on the first cut.
- Rendered sample(s) of the video cut will need to be provided
- Must be done in Premiere Pro CC 2020
- Please keep the project file organised and tidy. I will be providing an example Premiere File Structure for you to follow.
- Premiere Pro project file and any other project assets must be delivered prior to Milestone release.
- Good English speaking and writing skills
- Fast turnaround (We’d like to see the first cut 24 hours after we send you the footage)
Please answer all of these questions in your application:
Do you work on a PC or Mac?
How long you expect this task would take you to deliver?
Please send me a link to a [login to view URL] test of your internet connection. Example: [login to view URL]
Any questions you have about the project, that shows me you’ve seriously thought about this project.
Sample of a video you did all the editing on that you are most proud of.
Let me know what colour the sky is, just so I know this is not one of those typical batch reply applications.
What is more important to you: Quality of Work or Hitting Deadlines?
Any questions you think I should have asked
Would you be interested in doing more work for us?
In the future, we are looking for a casual video editor who can work on multiple styles of videos so we are keen to find someone we can hire again in the future!