Are you a professional video editor that uses Final Cut Pro X?
Are you a CREATIVE, FUN and ENGAGING editor who takes PRIDE in their work?
Do you have an interest in PSYCHOLOGY, HEALTH, NUTRITION and BEHAVIOUR CHANGE?
This job may be for you!
Please read the following post carefully before applying.
We are looking for a professional video editor (Final Cut Pro X ONLY) to join our team.
We run an established Youtube Channel where our goal is to make learning fun, by bringing MOST INTERESTING facts, stats and points about each topic combined with high-quality video editing.
To make the videos engaging and fun - we are looking for an editor who understands how to captivate and maintain the attention of our viewers.
We are looking for an editor who is CREATIVE, knows how to create fun and snappy sequences and overall deliver a professional level video every time.
You will be the main video editor and will work in cooperation with the channel host to complete each video.
This post is for one video - but for the right person, this can be a long-term position. We are aiming to do 3-4 video projects a month.
Our budget is $250 CAD PER VIDEO.
For each video you will be given:
- The script and corresponding research
- The raw video files (filmed by the host)
- The raw voice-over files (voiced by the host)
From there - you will create the video:
- Clip and edit host video and voice-over files
- Gather video assets and photo assets to be used (some will be provided in the script/research, most will be gathered by you)
- Create a snappy, engaging intro sequence (see attached files for example)
- Create title screens
- Add transitions and effects where appropriate throughout
- Add background music where appropriate (provided)
- Add sound effects where appropriate
- Anything else required.
Each video will be around 10-15 minutes in length.
Our goal is to explain the topic in a new and interesting way. and hold people's attention with interesting facts and captivating video.
Each video will have a 3 day turn around time, with check-ins during initial editing to make sure style is aligned. A round of feedback will be provided and you will have 2 days to complete any revisions.
We are using Postlabs to share Final Cut Pro X libraries and collaborate on each video project. For this reason - you must be using the latest MAC OS and FINAL CUT PRO X.
We are looking for someone who can easily manage 1 video per week, without delays.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Strong Interest in Health, Nutrition, Psychology and/or Behaviour Change
- Professional Video Editing Skills - Final Cut Pro X ONLY
- Strong understanding of what video content is INTERESTING, FUN, ENGAGING and APPEALING
- Takes PRIDE in their work
- 100% Fluent in English (Written)
- Mentions the phrase “top notch video editor” in the application to show attention to detail.
- Independent and Self-Motivated
- Able to work within the deadline for each task
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to working with you.