I have a list of about 60 companies that I want to contact. Please go to each companies website and collect each employees' name, fax #, position, and e-mail address. Verify that the address and phone number that I have for each company is correct. Change the address and phone number if it is incorrect. Input all of this information into an excel document. Copy and paste a biography of the employee if it is provided on the website.
1) Look at the first company and find the company website indicated in the e-mail address
a. If the website associated with the e-mail address does not work, search for the company website using a search engine such as Google.com. In the search box, enter the company name. The company website should appear in the results. Please note that all of the companies are either Investment Banks or Business Brokers. If you find a website that is not in this industry, the website is probably not correct. Additionally, all the companies are U.S. companies.
b. If you cannot find the company website, make a note and move onto the next company.
2) Once the website is found, enter the website address into column G which is labeled “Website??. Then, look for the names of current employees. Some common areas where these names can be found are the “about??, “team??, or “contact?? section of the website. Please put these names into columns A and B in the provided excel document. The first name goes into column A and the last name goes into column B. Additionally, please put the position that they hold in the company in column C. Ex: CEO, Partner, Broker, etc.
3) For each employee, please take note of which company they work for. Input the company name into column D labeled “Business Name??.
4) Please find the e-mail addresses of each individual worker you found that works for each firm. The e-mail addresses we are looking for are not the general e-mail addresses for each company ex: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking for the e-mail addresses for each specific employee. Please input the employee e-mail addresses into column F labeled “New E-mail??.
a. In some cases, the e-mail addresses of the team members are not supplied. However, the website offers a general e-mail address for the company. In this case, input the top executive (founder, president, CEO, etc.) with that e-mail address. It is not necessary to input multiple names with the same e-mail address.
5) Please go to the “contact?? section of the website and verify that the phone # (column H) and the address (columns J, K, L, M) for each firm in the excel document match the contact information from the website. If they are different, please change the contact information in the excel document to match the ones found on the website. Please put in the fax # in column I.
6) In many of the cases, the website will provide a short biography of each individual team member. Please copy and paste this description into column N. This description is important because it gives us some background on the employee. Please make sure to include this item!
Please note that many of the provided names are not valid. If they no longer work for the firm, please delete them from the list but make sure to find the current employees for that company.
7) Submit the finished excel document for review. We will review the document for accuracy.