Ok, as promised, here is my updated project. I am attaching a sample database, which I have been using to get started. I am also attaching a detailed requirements document, and a database with sample data to be used in this project.
My requirements are:
- Must be done in MS Access. Don't need to use "normal" VB, the Access version will be sufficient.
- The data tables and queries will be in a separate database from the User Interface. You can look at the sample database code I am providing to be sure to include the commands to open and close network connections, etc. The data will reside on a server, and each user will have a copy of the GUI.
- You must use best quality programming practices
- I have created some sample tables and will put more info in them later. I have not created the main table, where the information from the form is going to be stored. You will create that
- You can delete all code in the database and start over if you like, or you can start from where I am. I used the sample database code to begin the project, so it's all there if you need to see it again.
- You will take the form I have created and make sure every field is functioning as I describe in my document, and every control is functioning as described.
Your bid should include completing this project as outlined. There will be some revisions, I'm sure, to make sure I'm getting exactly what I need here.
However, other changes outside the scope of this project will be awarded as separate projects. I will most likely use the winner of this bid to do those other projects, if all is going well. That will include such things as designing and implementing a new form, establishing security procedures for this application, etc.