We currently have a self extracting package that we roll out to our customers that installs icons and additional software for us to manage the systems better. We would like to develop this software a little further. The Specs are not limited to, but these are our current ideas. The bidder must be also available in the future for additions and must have access to MSN Messenger.
- Update utility that checks week for updated packages on a http server, downloads and installs if it is a newer version.
- Streamline the software to perform icon installment, turn on windows xp RDP, and turns off Windows XP Firewall (already coded)
- Installs BGinfo on system, and adds to startup folder. Creates system info on the desktop for support purposes. (Already coded)
- Install Calling Card Software for LogMeIn and Change Icon name to match our naming structure. Software MSI already exists, just need to automate and change Icon Name.
- Give installer option to run inventory, (disabled on updates) Run [url removed, login to view] on system and export to XML file and have the program e-mail us that report. This will need to prompt the installer the Client Company Name, and Technician Name.
- Create a Icon in Program Files, called Support Info, this will run SysdiServer and automatically e-mail the XML file to us.
- Will need to ask installer if it is a server and perform a few additional steps and two additional Sysdi scripts that will grab information for exchange and SQL server.
This will need to be coded in VBS or something similar and coder will need to provide a training session so Support Engineer can understand how to make changes, add feature sets, and provide updates.