1. Download FreeImage from: [url removed, login to view] and build libraries for Windows 7 and Mac OSX 10.7. Current make file for Mac doesn't work on Lion. I will include the modifications I have made so far to the make file that you can use to start with.
2. Create sample application for Mac & Windows that uses the FreeImage lib which does the following:
Open JPG or TIFF image
Display meta data information
Add custom meta data to image (string value)
Delete custom meta data from image
3. Sample application for Windows should be developed using VB6 or RealBasic (any version).
4. Sample application for Mac should be developed using XCode.
5. Deliver updated make files, lib's, and sample apps.