Expert skills required.
A Visual Basic VB macro in a Microsoft Word 2007 document takes several fields of user-entered text and places it within the document.
1. The user inserts several rows of data into a two column table (or functional equivalent). Each row has a field name and user entered text
2. The user has prepared the document with references to the field names any number of times in the document. The field names are surrounded by double brackets.
3. There is an enter button. When clicked, macro searches the text in the document for the field names. When a field name is found in [[double brackets]] the macro replaces the field name and the double brackets with the User Data Entry text.
4. Milestone 1 (30%): macro functions with 2 items in the data entry list and reproduces the example results in the attached file. The macro uses an iterative method that demonstrates progress toward project completion.
5. Milestone 2: (Completion) The user can add any number of rows of field names/user data in the data entry table. The macro code functions as intended without changing the macro code.
The macro must be programmed in Visual Basic and work within the Word 2007 document without the use of external files or programs. Embedded excel objects are acceptable.
Note: This is one in a series of VB macro projects over the next month.