We are looking for good quality voices in a UK accent - both male and female.
PLEASE NOTE: THESE RECORDINGS MUST BE DONE IN A PROFESSIONAL ACOUSTICALLY TREATED STUDIO ENVIRONMENT AND WITH PROFESSIONAL EQUIPMENT.
Basically, the readings would need to correspond with a series of instructional slides. After the voiceovers are recorded, you would need to clean up any mistakes, cut the files into smaller files corresponding to the slides, name them as such and then send us the raw unprocessed files. For example, if there is slide no. 12, you will have a text corresponding to slide 12. What you must do is record that text, clean up any mistakes (as per technical specifications below), name the file as slide 12, and then send us the raw, unprocessed file. Hope that makes sense.
You don't need to do any EQing, compression or post-production - except editing out any mistakes, clicks and pops, breath noises (more details are below). Please note: there must not be any mistakes. If there are mistakes after you have sent the files, you will not be paid. Sorry, our clients are very particular, and we demand absolute professionalism.
1. Please bid per page of voice recording (A4 size page – containing about 550 words average for English).
2. Quantity may vary: It could be anywhere from few hundred pages or more.
3. Delivery time. Please also specify how many pages you can send us per week.
4. Mandatory sample recording of the voice of the person who will do the recording. Please ensure that the same person will be doing the recordings as well.
5. The recording must be done in the same environment where they will eventually be recording projects.
6. List of the equipment that you will be using to record the voiceovers. (I mean the actual microphone, interface, etc. I am an audio engineer myself with over 16 years of experience in the industry).
Here are the technical specifications we would need for the audio recordings (need to follow strictly):
• The client would like raw audio delivered (without any processing)
• There should be no background noise or hum
• The audio will be heard over headphones as part of an e-learning programme, so everything will be very ‘in-your-face’ – (or ‘in-your-ears’), so things like dry mouth clicks and pops are a no-no
• There will be no music in the background, hence the necessity for all these precautions
• Breath pops are not acceptable, as well as breath sounds between words are to be removed
• The tone of the reader and the loudness needs to be more or less the same – without too many variations in pitch, etc., although obviously some expression needs to be used in the reading, but that would be minimal, as it’s mainly instruction.
• Audio to be sent as mp3 320 kbps, mono
• The turnaround time is pretty fast, so hope that won’t be a problem
• NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) would need to be signed
We also expect further projects like this, so, if you are chosen for this and we like your work, you will be on our database.
Thanks. We look forward to your samples and proposals. Happy bidding!