This is a e-commerce website contract for an Australian direct marketing company.
Website will have the following features:
1. Product catalogue and Shopping Cart (similar in concept to the shopping cart on "[url removed, login to view]")
2. Client login area
3. Order status and order tracking
4. Ability to accept credit card payments
5. Marketing and multimedia options (such as embedded video of product demos and flash games)
6. Ability to update page content and catalogue content
The look and feel of the website design should be clean and uncluttered. There is a large emphasis for the site to be easy to use by people who are unfamilar with using the web.
The website will talk to a backend database through an in-house API layer. The API will provide all customer and order information from the backend database so there is no direct communication between the website and the database. Information entered into the website will be passed back to the database via the API.
Website will be hosted in-house on Windows 2003/IIS web servers.
There is a tight deadline for this project so quick, professional work is essential. There is expected to be high traffic through the site during parts of the year so the code must be stable and error-free.
We require a proven web design & development track record - please supply references and/or links to your portfolio. Ideally, you will need to be Australian/Sydeny based.