I'm trying to find a programmer (and I apologize that I don't know what type of programming language would be best fitted to use) that can create a website platform similar to www.fark.com.
Features I would like with the webpage:
1) the ability to create and edit posted links
2) the ability to create/edit/change categories for these links to go (ex: [url removed, login to view] has categories such as "entertainment", "videos", etc.
3) SEO to get the word out, and connected with other like-minded websites.
4) the ability to archive entries/links that are over 1 week old. (perhaps have some sort of storage). Perhaps an auto-archive feature of some sorts...
5) the ability to allow the public (like [url removed, login to view]) to post comments and links to assignable categories to the webpage (just like [url removed, login to view]). This would allow anyone to post, but give only me the power to edit/delete postings that I find inappropriate or mis-categorized.
6) have a sort-by-rating system, where users can rate entries and post comments on the links they post.
7) have a search engine built into the webpage to search for archives and content and old posts on the webpage.
Pretty much, building a website just like, or very similar to www.fark.com.