Welcome all freelancers!
Project is to analyse 10 websites and write a brief report about each of these websites higlighting the following:
- Amount of traffic the site generates daily
- Amount of traffic the site has generated last 12 months
- Relevant country traffic rank
- Number of pages viewed by the visitors
- Average time spent on the site by visitors
- How do they appear to drive traffic to their sites
- Where do the visitors to their site come from and relevant % (e.g. google / bing / yahoo / etc)
- What pages of their website generate the most traffic
KEYWORDS & LINKS
- Number of links pointing to the website from other sites (and what these sites are)
- What keywords are used in order to maximise page rank performance - organic
- what keywords are used in order to maximise page rank performance - PPC
- Any information about their conversion rates from people landing on their pages through to sales
- How many people purchase products
- Any information about sales generated over the web that is discernible from their website
INFRASTRUCTURE & DESIGN
- What ecommerce platform do they use and version
- Which company designed the front end themes
- Which hosting provider do they use
- Which company do they use for SEO
- Which company do they use for back end site development
- A copy of their site map
- Average response time for the site
- How many products to they have on their website
- What appears to be their secret to page ranking success
- Any other insight that you think is relevant as to their website strategy / success
The above information is a wish list and I realise may not be obtainable. Hence the best attempt at each of these will be sufficient.
Deliverable for this project:
- a PDF'd word document
- bullet point answers under the above headings and questions for each site.
- an additional page at the back to be included explaining what tool / site was used in order to answer each of the above questions and a hyperlink to the relevant tool / site. This will assist us in performing similar competitor research in the future.
- All source information should also be appended as an appendix.
- report to be organised according to the 10 websites (e.g. website 1, website 2, etc)
The list of 10 websites will be provided to the successful bidder.
In submitting your bid, please highlight:
- any past experience in doing this type of research
- any tools or databases you have that can assist you in doing this
- whether you have contracted to any SEO agencies / web developers in the past
I look forward to your submissions.