Design and implement a CMS and PDF templating solution for publishing individualized reports for customers that are personalized based on a combination of genetic information provided by the individual through a DNA test and content that is written and managed internally. For each genetic trait or set of traits the content is produced for is captured in a single page PDF file. This content is then combined with other similar pages to produce a personalized report for an individual. Each PDF page has been produced by hand in Adobe InDesign. The pages are combined into a final report deliverable by a custom engine built internally.
To date the content has been organized using spreadsheets.
The primary goals of this project are:
• To implement a Content Management System that will allow internal staff to populate a database of content elements.
• Use the database to create at least two PDF reports using a PDF template.
Major Activities and Deliverables
• Design and Create a database schema to hold the content elements. Deliverable is the database schema DDL.
• Map the existing spreadsheet and import all of the content elements. Deliverable is a document identifying the mapping, and a documented process and a script to automate the import.
• Create the CMS interface for managing the content elements. Implement a simple approval workflow for authoring, editing and promoting the content to a published status. Deliverable is the working CMS system. (See technical requirements below).
• Using existing reports, produce two PDF templates for two reports, using the PDF the templating tool (See technical requirements below) and the content database to produce the reports. Deliverables are the templates, and a demonstration of the working report generation.
Django based Wagtail CMS