1) Migration from a physical server on-premises to cloud server.
Details- Right now, we have a box running 4 virtual machines under ESXi. One runs a Windows 2008 server with FoxPro Database and the other 3 run Windows 10Pro that we work from. The physical server is a Dell T330 with 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3-1220 v5 @3.0GHz, and 4 x 400GB SSDs configured in a hardware RAID producing 200GB, of which 85GB are in use. The files are mostly in 3 categories:
- Database (3+ GB, shared access with multiple users making frequent changes concurrently to multiple files, high-speed access required for concurrency)
- Images (11+ GB of which over half is archival. Mostly read-only access, except for original creation. Accessed occasionally, one at a time. High-speed access required only when searching or making bulk modifications. )
- Word-processing files and spreadsheets (20+ GB of which most is archival. Accessed by individual users who would each typically have 1 to 10 files open at a time. Disk access is only needed for opening each file, closing it, and periodic backup in the background.)
The most important points for a service are:
- Migrate to a Cloud based server/service.
- Lean as possible, with a shared resources server to reduce overhead cost if possible
- Security and redundancy is important
2) (Future project) Need to replace current Foxpro based custom application to SaaS based or cloud based custom inventory solution
Details- We currently use FoxPro programs for virtually every aspect of the business:
- Bookkeeping (*plan to replace with Quickbooks)
- Processing leads and quotes*
- Customer and supplier contact information*
- Invoicing* (this could be done in the software and exported to QB, or done in QB based on exported data)
- Tracking payables and receivables*
- Purchase orders*
- Database of product information
- Cross referencing products to a database of pictures and brochures
- CSV export of our product data to our websites and third party advertising
Features we would like to have with this software:
- Integrates with Quickbooks (marries our finance and inventory)
- CRM information for products
- Customizable to allow lots of different types of information on each product
- Ability to easily see/cross-reference records in one database file to related to related data files, pictures and brochures
- CSV export this data for upload on our websites and third party advertisers
- We are open to suggestions for further improvement and efficiency so long as points above are satisfied.
17 freelancer chào giá trung bình $44/giờ cho công việc này
I'm an ‘Information Technology Professional’ having the experience to manage server infrastructures including virtualization cloud EXSI setups as well as managing data center operations.