When an NCR is to be used, the current form is very cumbersome and often does not get the full attention it deserves because people are busy and forget. Eventually we end up with more NCRs being left open and unaddressed than we
should. In order to ensure that all NCRs are properly handled a software solution is needed which will manage the
This document is an attempt to specify what I am looking for and may not be completely detailed. It should, however, provide a foundation to work from and a basis for deciding how much time and effort will be required to write the code.
The company already has a Quality and Training website which is HTML5 compliant and fully responsive to desktop and mobile screen sizes. The site was created with the latest version of WordPress and uses the Divi Theme from [login to view URL]
1. The NCR plug-in/app must function in concert with WordPress and the Divi Theme.
2. It may be either a WordPress plugin or a Java program which is accessed from and functions within the website.
3. It's structure should be simple and easy to follow and it should be designed to prevent mistakes on the part of the users.
a. Because of this, I am interested in setting this up as a tabbed window. Where you see Tab 1, Tab 2, etc. (in this spreadsheet)
represents the tabs I would like to see in the software.
b. They need to be more or less sequentially accessed. In other words, Tab 2 should not be accessible until Tab 1 has been
4. A "Sample Log" has been included in this Excel file to show an example of what the database tied to this software would include (but it is
not to be considered as being exhaustive by any means).
5. A sample of the form we are currently using is provided separately.
6. The database should keep records of "metadata" as well as the entries on the NCR tabs. This metadata should include a record of all emails
or text messages sent by the application and, if possible, a record that the message was received and a record that the message was read.
7. The end result of the NCR process should be that we can generate a report, as PDF an as HTML (wordpress post/page?) showing the
entire process (as in, a similar print-out of the current form we are using)
8. Additionally, I want to be able to do statistical analysis with the data. This means tracking information such as the number of NCRs
written in a month company wide, the number written at each location, the number written within a department of the company, the number
written within categories of errors, etc. Because of this, the data should be exportable to a spreadsheet or CSV, etc. I would like to be able
to publish summary reports to the website from this data.