We have purchased & installed the WordPress Shopping Cart plugin by Tribulant Software (also simply known as Checkout)
A review of this plug-in states that "Themes - this is where Tribulant Shopping Cart is lacking. The plugin has no existing themes and there are not instructions or documentations on how to theme your Tribulant-powered store."
See review: [url removed, login to view]
We have found this to be very true and are looking for help from a freelancer with experience specifically with theming this Tribulent shopping cart plug-in.
Tribulant Software told me in a ticket: "Basically any WordPress theme that follow the WordPress coding standards should work with our Shopping Cart Plugin. Now, if you are referring to the plugin themes, they come with the plugin itself, you have two options the "default" and the "simple blue" theme. You can customize them both as you want by modifying the CSS and HTML files. Both themes can be found under: wp-checkout/views/ "(end of quote)
However when I sent to that page, I found a cryptic list of files to download with no explanation.
PROJECT DESCRIPTION / DELIVERABLES:
1. Design a front page of the site (that will also be the front page of the store), that has an appearance more-or-less like this:
[url removed, login to view] -except taking into consideration the width of right-column as described below.
2. Give us advice and recommendations regarding whether our current choice of themes is optimal for the layout that we want (see below).
Theme template should include shades of blue (light and dark blue; the dark blues can be royal and/or navy blue). Obviously the theme will have to be compatible with WordPress Shopping Cart plugin, but this is easy to determine because Tribulent has a list of incompatible themes on their website.
3. We are not asking you to add any content other than to configure our front page as described above
4. If you have good skills with this plug-in we will have much more work for you.
- two-column format
- The right column will be product categories. We will have 1 or 2 levels of subcategories.
See this site for example of how wide the right column should be, and general appearance: [url removed, login to view]
- Left column will be the content column: Need to have as wide as the combination of the center and right columns of this site:
[url removed, login to view]
HEADER will have:
- links to various content sections of the site (customer service, shipping, technical, customer account log-in etc)
- Will show the shopping cart, link to checkout,
PRODUCT PAGE LAYOUT
Below the header, the following should appear in this order, from top to bottom:
1. Title of product
2. Photo(s) on right; pricing and stock information on the left
3. Brief description (1 to 3 lines of text)
4. Row of tabs (detailed description, technical, etc)
5. Related Products: This is a very important aspect for us and we want the related products to be visible without having to scroll down to see them. Related products will include photo and price, if possible: At lea
- On product pages, will appear below related products
- Will be a mini site-map with more links than in the header