I am interested in improving our web-site that is done in WordPress. Specifically I have 4 things in mind:
1. Analyze our SEO. Should we use Google Analytics or a 3rd party tool?
2. Improve our SEO.
3. Add a blog. The primary blog that is on our site is our FAQ blog. It is helpful as it contains many search words and get picked up by search engines. It also answers many typical questions. But I think we need to add a 2nd blog to the site as well. The 2nd blog would contain content, content, and more content of writing about the field we are in. I would think that is a good approach for SEO, but I don’t know how to add a 2nd blog.
4. Add a popup that offers a new user the chance to win something, if they leave their email address. That way we can follow up with them, even if they don’t sign up on our site.
Please submit your ideas on topics 1 through 4 above, some examples of your work, and your hourly rate. Thanks!
July 27, 2020 update:
I have had many inquiries from freelancers on this project. Many big companies that want to make me follow their normal SEO improvement routine, and get on a monthly payment basis for the indefinite future. I'm not sure that is in my interest. I think I need to follow this strategy:
1. Identify the keywords that are best for our site and business
2. Analyze/quantify our current SEO by the keywords
3. Compare our SEO with the SEO of our competitors
4. Identify our biggest weaknesses for SEO
5. Update our content to not be a more current
6. And repeat until we have good results:
7. Re-analyze/quantify our SEO by terms
8. Fix our biggest weaknesses for SEO
Because why do I care about the analysis/structure of my site before knowing how I rank?? I think that ranking and comparing my ranking with the competition means everything-
To screen out freelancers, please explain how we would go about the top 3 items of my strategy and what tools we would use for this.