This project is to develop a horse racing betting software tool to assist with betting on a specific internet website.
The website caters for the development of third party software to interface with the website.
In general, I require someone to develop a software tool to interface with this website and perform the following tasks:
1. Extract information on my instruction for a desired horse race using the website's live odds web service through XML using SOAP or any other means (e.g. web query), whichever is faster and simpler.
2. Read the win odds for each horse in that particular race and arrange the horses from best to worst according to their odds (let's call this rating the horses).
3. Because the odds are updated constantly before the start of the race, the software must automatically update the rating for each horse in that race accordingly.
4. Then the software must create a number of predetermined bets according to my betting system/s (I have 2 systems to choose from), which is based on the horses' ratings' the bets must also be updated each time the odds are updated.
5. The format of the bet must be written in line with the website's criteria called Betstream bet string format (this is relatively simple).
6. The bets must then be able to be exported or sent to the betting website for processing at the push of a button on my instruction.
The key deliverables are speed and simplicity, therefore efficiency/methodology of code is the priority. The resulting application can be web based or installed software - whichever is faster.
The software must be designed to cater for additional betting systems to be added by the bidder in the future, should I require this.
I will provide the bidder with detailed instructions regarding my betting systems and give the bidder access to all relevant information relating to the betting website. It would also be preferable if the bidder is available to have a phone call at the start of the project to ensure there is no confusion on any matters.
Any suggestions the bidder may have of ways to improve the overall performance of the application would be appreciated and compensated accordingly.
The successful bidder will need to provide/host a working demo before the escrow payment will be released.
Thank you for considering the project.