A Milestone Payment is a special feature which allows controlled payments from employer to freelancer for the funding of a project. It is a safer, more convenient, and better thought-out method of payment done within the site.
Here, we will show you how to create a Milestone Payment in two ways.
On the Project Page
1. Go to your project’s page and click Create Milestone or Create New Milestone.
2. Enter the details of the Milestone Payment. Specify the goal or task and the payment amount, then click Create.
3. You’ll be asked to confirm the payment if you have money in your account. Click Confirm Payment to authorize it.
If you have yet to put money into your account, you will be asked to make a deposit through your preferred payment gateway (e.g. PayPal) when you confirm the payment.
4. The newly created Milestone Payment will be listed along with the other Milestone Payments for the project.
On the Financial Dashboard
1. At the upper right part of your Dashboard, mouse over your account balance (money in specific currency), and select Finances.
2. On your Financial Dashboard, click Create Milestone Payment.
3. Type or select the name of your project or freelancer on the given field.
4. Enter the details of the Milestone Payment. Indicate the goal or task and payment amount, then click Create Milestone.
5. The created Milestone Payment will be listed in your Outgoing Milestones on the Financial Dashboard.
When a Milestone Payment is created but not yet released, it stays on the site for your protection. We strongly recommend to release a Milestone Payment ONLY when you are fully satisfied with the work of your freelancer and they have submitted all work deliverable to you.