Credit / debit card authentication
Credit card authentication adds another layer of security to your account as it proves your ownership of the card you have verified. It can be done in two ways:
Custom Charge Authentication
This is a standard process where a small amount will be charged to your card so you should have at least $2 left in your card’s limit or balance. For the authentication to be successful, you will need to provide us the exact amount charged to you.
If you are all set, follow these steps to complete the authentication process:
1. Click your profile picture from the main menu bar, and choose Settings.
2. Select the Trust & Verification tab.
3. Scroll down and click the Authenticate Credit or Debit Card button.
4. Select a card that you want to authenticate. This applies when you have multiple cards on your account.
5. Your card will be charged in the same currency as your Billing Agreement. You may choose to change it, but make sure to select a currency that your card supports.
6. When you are ready to authenticate, click Authenticate Card.
7. Click Yes on the confirmation modal to proceed.
8. Check the amount charged to your card -- which should reflect in your card transaction history or statement, either instantly or up to 3 days. If your card is not enrolled in an online facility or the amount differs from the currency you set for authentication, get the correct amount from your bank.
9. Enter the exact authentication amount in the text field. You have three (3) attempts to provide this amount, and this must be done within 88 hours.
10. Click Authenticate.
Card Image Authentication
This is an alternative authentication process which becomes available only after an unsuccessful Custom Charge Authentication. Here, you are required to send your card’s front and back images. Once submitted, the images will be reviewed within 1-2 business days. The card should be in your name for it to be approved.
To start this process, go to the Card Authentication page and choose the same card that failed during your initial authentication attempt. Click the click here link (see image below) to be directed to the secure page where you can upload your card images.
Remember to hide your CVV number and only display the last 4 digits of your card. You can use your webcam or manually upload the card photos you have already taken.