1) Name: DU SHI KANG
2) Title: PhD
3) Gender: Male
4) Date of birth: 20th October, 1966
5) Major: English Literature and Translation
6) Graduated from Beijing Foreign Study University
2. Academic records
1) 1984-1988: Shanghai Foreign Studies University, awarded a Bachelor's degree in English Literature;
2) 1988-1991: Beijing Foreign Studies University, awarded a Master's degree in English Translation;
3) 1991-1994: Beijing Foreign Studies University, awarded a PhD's degree in English Translation (Theory & Practice);
4) Certified attorney of the Ministry of Justice of the People’s Republic of China;
5) Awarded a Linguist Certificate by TransPerfect Translations, Inc. for English>Chinese (simplified) translation in financing sector.
6) Shortlisted by Bowne Translation Services in the provision of English>Chinese translation in financing sector;
7) Active or certified translator/linguist of other big names in translation industry, including Merrill Brink International, Language Works and others more;
8) ATA (American Translators’ Association) Associate Member (Membership ID: 243772);
Note: please go to and navigate to the About Me, Project History and Portfolio to download the certificates or review the project history.
1) 1988-1994: serve as a freelance translator at a local translation agency in Shanghai and Beijing when I was there to receive academic education, mainly responsible for translation, editing and proofreading of accounting, arbitration, banking, business, commerce, contract, economy, financing, insurance, IT, law, marketing, patent and others like.
2) 1994-2000: serve as a full-time translator and/or compiler at Shanghai office of a US-based law firm (the firm specializes in patent filing, application, dispute settlement and others more), mainly responsible for legal and patent documentation translation, proofreading and compilation. During the stay there, I was dispatched by the Firm to the United States for on-job training for 6 months, which is really a great opportunity to enhance my English proficiency.
3) 2000-2002: a full-time translator at Shenzhen office of a known translation agency,
mainly responsible for translation/proofreading of commerce, engineering, law, patent, technology and others like. The Agency is famous for its dedication to software localization service for HP (China), SAP (China), IBM, PeopleSoft, Kingdee and other big names, in the translation/localization of CRM, ERP, OLH file, website localization and others like. I'm famous for my good knowledge of CAT tools, Transit, Catalyst, Trados etc, good knowledge and experience of technology, OOPS, J2EE and XML, platform WinNT and UNIX. During the stay there for three years, I accumulated much experience in software translation. I am equipped with all necessary tools for such task, and I’m a veteran in the use of such software.
4) From 2002 on: serve as a full-time freelance translator, proofreader and/or editor, offering professional and affordable service to known foreign translation agencies including Xerox Global Knowledge (Singapore), Bowne Translation Services, TransPerfect Translations, Inc. and other big names in the industry.
4. Project History
1) Financing and Accounting
• Proposal for a Cooperation between the China Merchants Bank and New York Mellon Bank
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Prospectus of the China Merchant Bank (to be listed on HKEX)
• Code of Conduct of Philips Morris
• Application for National Social Security Fund Overseas Investment Manager
2) Agreement and Contract
• Memorandum of Understandings for Private Placement
• Memorandum of Understandings for Sale and Purchase of Auto Parts
• Manufacturing and Supply Agreement of Auto Parts
• Standard Charter, Civil Mediation and Arbitration Agreement
• Agreement on Transfer of Shares
• Agreement on Transfer of Creditor’s Rights of Non-performing Loans
• Standard Terms & Conditions of Business for Permanent Placements
3) Laws and Regulations
• Guidelines for Compliance with SEC in Filings
• Guidelines for Compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act
• Decree of the State Food and Drug Administration
• Rules on the Administration of Food Labeling, Identification and Tracking
• Rules & Regulations on the Import & Export Control of the People’s Republic of China (Chinese to English)
• Answer to Petition for Damages and Requests for Trial
• Insolvency and Tax Advices and Comments
• Final Awarding by the China International Trade Arbitration Commission on July 04, 2009 (Chinese to English)
• Consolidated Class Action Complaints
• Request for International Judicial Assistance
• Civil Judgment by the Intermediate People’s Court of Shenzhen Municipality (Chinese to English)
• Power of Attorney
• Litigation of a Class Action Filed with a Federal Court in New York
5) Company Governance and Policies
• Articles of Association, Bylaws and Others
• Global Procurement Policy
• Employee Handbook of Philip Morris
• Corporate Governance Inquiries & Procedures at Philip Morris
• Code of Business Conduct at Philip Morris
• Organization Structure and its Generation Method, Functions and Powers
1) Hardware: PC (Pentium c 2.4G, 512M DDR RAM, 80G Hard Disk, 2×2.0 USB ports, 1×1394 port), CanoScan LiDE 20, HP LaserJet, CD burning machine.
2) Software: Windows 7 Premium, Mac OS 10.2, Office 2007, Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Professional Extended, FrameMaker 7.0, PageMaker 7.0, Adobe InDesign CS4, CorelDraw 11, Photoshop 8.1 CS, DreamWeaver MX 2004, Authorware 6.5, Fireworks MX 2004, Flash MX 2004, Macromedia Freehand 10, Painter 7, QuarkXpress 4.1, Teleport pro 1.8, Premiere 6.0, Adobe Illustrator 10, FileMaker pro, ACDSee 7.0, AutoCAD 2004, RoboHelp 3.5 (Chinese version), WinRar 3. 5, WinZip 9.1 and others necessary for linguistic tasks.
3) Internet connection: ADSL (100Mbps)
4) FTP server: 300M (Hong Kong based, more space available)
5) CAT tool: SDL Trados 2007, Wordfast 6.0, Transit 3.0, Catalyst 4.0.
1) Mr. David Salter at (Tel: +61 (0) 2 9025 3700)
2) Ms. Laure Lataste at (Tel: +34 91 702 27 97)
7. Other services
Website/software localization, voiceover, subtitling, recording, DTP, online help file compilation and translation
8. Contact Details
1) Address: Fuqiang Road, Futian, Shenzhen, China 518038
2) Tel / Fax: 0086 (755) 8356 7840; Mobile: 0086 13925224950
4) Skype: dushikang