- Strong language skills in Korean and English. – Native Korean, fluent in English.
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Well experienced in translation and interpretation in various career and volunteer settings.
- Computer skills including MS word, MS PowerPoint and basic html language.
2008-Present Multilingual interpreter, Fairfax County Public Schools, VA
Providing interpretation and translation for parents with limited English proficiency.
2000-Present Freelance writer, interpreter, translator
Performed various English>Korean translation projects, including:
- Website translation for HayGroup ()
- Website translation for E-Legal World ()
- Product descriptions of 98 electronic items for TestFreaks Korea ()
- Translated articles for SeniorNavigator ( -- web information for Virginian seniors)
- Participated in the field research project conducted by the Equal Rights Center in Washington DC.
- Interpreted for Korean government officials visiting the Department of Agriculture.
- Provided translations/interpretations for local community organizations, public schools, churches, etc on a volunteer basis.
1996-2000 National Museum of Natural History, Washington DC
Research Assistant, Academic Intern
- Assisted with an extensive catalogue of a 19th century Korean collection in research, writing, updating - bibliography, and proof reading
- Coordinated various programs and events with related Korean scholarly and performance groups
- Helped Korean visiting scholars with interpretation and tours
1995 United Korean School of Washington, Annandale, VA
Taught Korean History to high school students
Summer 1995 National Museum of American History, Washington DC
Assisted with public programs, hands-on room operation and audience research in the Department of Public Services
Certificate: Certificate of Translation Competence in Korean by KST
Membership: Korean Society of Translators
George Washington University, Washington DC
Certificate, Museum Studies Program, Feb.1996
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN
Completed ESL program, Center for English Language Training, June 1991
Seoul National University, Seoul Korea
M.A. and B.A. in Korean History, Feb. 1991/1987
Korean Society of Translators