Certified and experienced quality translator - Highly professional. Quick and friendly service
Michèle H. Lacour
255 North Road, Unit 27 • Chelmsford • Massachusetts • 01824 • Phone: [login to view URL]
• Free-lance Translator - May 2003 to Present.
- Localization Translation, Proofreading and Quality Assurance for IT Businesses and Translation Agencies.
- Translation, Proofreading, and Language Consultancy Services for various agencies (many areas, including legal, human resources, clinical trials, and others depending on client’s needs).
• Applix, Inc.: Westborough, MA.
- July 2000 - May 2003 - Localization Project Coordinator.
- July 1996 - July 2000 - Senior Software Localization Specialist.
• Interleaf, Inc.: Waltham, MA. June 1994 - July 1996. Senior French Translator.
• Wang Laboratories: Lowell, MA. January 1993 - June 1994. French Translator.
• French Instructor - Berlitz School of Languages, Local Businesses, Adult Education.
WORK EXPERIENCE OVERSEAS
• Cassio College: Watford, England. Lecturer in Charge of Modern Languages.
• Freelance Translator and Language Consultant: London, England. For area businesses.
• Longman’s and Blackwell’s Publishers: London and Oxford, England. Reviewer and proofreader.
• Monash University: Clayton, Victoria, Australia. Senior Teaching Fellow - French language and literature.
• Translation Tools :
Trados translation and conversion tools, Wordfast, SDLX, Passolo
Extensive experience with Microsoft Office applications.
• Native French.
• Near native fluency in English.
• Working knowledge of Spanish.
Harvard University, Cambridge, MA: Masters in Education (Applied linguistics).
University of Paris (Sorbonne), Paris, France: Master of Arts - English Language and Literature.
French Ministry of Education: CAPES (Certificate of Professional Qualifications for Teaching in Secondary Schools) - English and French.
American Translators' Association, English to French